The Maryland Democratic Party is hiring a Political and Organizing Director. The Political and Organizing Director will supervise direct voter contact programs, including recruiting and training volunteers, as well as collecting and analyzing data on voter engagement. This work will take place in two principle mediums: the 1) Maryland Democratic Party’s Diversity Leadership Councils, which focus on incorporating the Party’s constituent groups into our core activities, and 2) the Maryland Democratic Party’s Central Committees, which are the local Party institutions responsible for organizing at a County-level. You will also be responsible for briefing and staffing the Party Chair for political events, and staffing for the Party’s Executive Committee meetings and appendant activities.
- Support the Maryland Democratic Party’s Diversity Leadership Councils and Central Committees by helping identify, recruit, train, and supervise volunteers
- Support the Maryland Democratic Party’s Diversity Leadership Councils and Central Committees by organizing visibility events in the community’s they represent
- Coordinate participation in key community events such as parades and fairs
- Coordinate and participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing, phone banking, and hot-spot voter registration
- Schedule the Party Chair for key stakeholder and community events, prepare briefings on the events, and staff the Chair in the field
- Collect, log, and analyze data from direct voter contact
- Represent the Maryland Democratic Party at community events and meetings
- Forming and maintaining political relationships that keep MDP informed of the local, state and federal political landscape
- Working in coordination with other MDP staff to support and execute political organizing, strategy, and events
- Keeping abreast of legislative and executive activities at the local, state, and federal levels
- Helping the MDP recruit and train a candidate pipeline
- Organizing trainings for central committees, etc.
- At least two campaign cycles of field experience, including drafting field plans, voter targeting, and volunteer training
- A strong network of political relationships in Maryland
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in writing or in person with activists, elected leaders, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours as needed
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem solving
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license, and reliable access to a car
Email email@example.com with a one page resume, 3 references, and a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for the role.
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.