Annapolis, Md. - As Governor Larry Hogan meets with Donald Trump at the White House for the second time in two days, the Maryland Democratic Party released a new web video today highlighting Larry Hogan’s track record of putting partisan politics ahead of Maryland.
Larry Hogan previously vowed to make Barack Obama a "one-term president," while calling Obama “unacceptable” and questioning his integrity.
But now with Donald Trump in the White House, Hogan doesn’t have much to say about Trump’s unqualified cabinet picks and reckless agenda that stands to hurt Maryland.
Larry Hogan’s vows to make Obama a "one-term" president:
- “Most importantly, we’re gonna work as hard as we can over the next 72 hours to make sure that Barack Obama is a one-term president.” (Larry Hogan speaking to Montgomery County GOP, GOTV 72 Hour Rally, 11/3/12)
- “With all of us working together I thinking we’re going to do the same thing that Reagan did to Jimmy Carter and we’re going to make sure that Obama is a one-term president.” (Lincoln Reagan Speech, Change Maryland, 6/6/12)
Hogan’s declaration that Obama is “unacceptable” and questioned his integrity:
- “This administration has failed… it’s simply unacceptable.” (Larry Hogan speaking to Montgomery County GOP, GOTV 72 Hour Rally, 11/3/12)
- “Lincoln said that you may deceive some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t deceive all of the people all of the time. Of course back then he could never have envisioned President Obama.” (Lincoln Reagan Speech, Change Maryland, 6/6/12)
Hogan’s refusal to weigh in on Trump’s unqualified cabinet picks and reckless agenda:
- “Arguable the first public statement about the Trump administration, Hogan said it wasn't his role as governor to protest or attack Donald Trump.” (WMDT, 2/13/17)
- “They were demanding that I join the protests and they thought my state of the state should be condemning President Trump rather than focused on Maryland I just happen to disagree and don't think that's my role.” (WMAR, 2/13/17)
- “The only questions we get is why didn't you protest Donald Trump and why didn't you go to BWI to do this or that I don't see that as my role.” (WBAL, 2/17/17)
Today’s web video follows another recent Maryland Democratic Party video that highlights Hogan’s pattern of partisan hypocrisy. While Governor Hogan recently said that it’s not his “role” to protect Maryland from Donald Trump’s harmful agenda, Hogan had no problem criticizing President Obama’s policies back during his campaign days in 2014.
Watch the new the video: https://youtu.be/tlxs0GXwLvg
The following statement was released by Maryland Democratic Party spokesperson Bryan Lesswing:
“Larry Hogan vowed to make Barack Obama a ‘one-term president,’ called him 'unacceptable' and questioned his integrity. But he doesn’t have much to say about Donald Trump’s unqualified cabinet picks and reckless agenda.”
“Hogan can’t claim that Maryland is his top priority when he won’t take a stand against the Trump administration that will weaken our economy, roll back environmental protections and take away health care.
“It’s clear that Governor Hogan’s commitment to change Maryland depends on who sits in the White House.”