Regional Organizing Director (ROD)
The Maryland Democratic Party is hiring regional organizing directors. Regional organizing directors will supervise direct voter contact programs in their assigned regions, including recruiting and training volunteers, as well as collecting and analyzing data on voter engagement. RODs will work closely with County Central Committees in their region on all aspects of their organizing activities.
- Identify and relationship building with local stakeholders
- Identify, recruit, train, and supervise volunteer and intern teams
- Coordinate and participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing, phone banking, and hot-spot voter registration
- Collect, log, and analyze data from direct voter contact
- Represent the Maryland Democratic Party at community events and meetings
- Incorporate local Central Committees and stakeholder organizations into the Maryland Democratic Party’s statewide efforts
Must be locally-based.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with activists, elected leaders, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours as needed
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem-solving
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license, reliable access to a car, and a laptop
- Previous campaign experience or community organizing experience preferred
Please email email@example.com with a one-page resume, 3-5 references, and a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for the role.
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.